July 2014 wish list

>> Monday, June 30, 2014

Surprisingly, there are several historicals on my list this month.


Books I'm definitely planning to get


The Escape, by Mary Balogh (Jul 1)

The last book in this series was slightly disappointing, but Balogh's books are hits with me often enough that I'll be getting this one.





The Suffragette Scandal, by Courtney Milan (Jul 15)

Courtney Milan is my favourite writer of historical romance currently writing. I'd buy this whatever it was about, but this one is Free's story, and I've loved what I've seen of her in previous books.





The Winter King, by CL Wilson (Jul 29)

I loved Wilson's previous epic fantasy romance series. I was surprised to see this one starts a new series, rather than continue the story of some particularly interesting characters in the previous one, but fair enough.




Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on


Have Mercy, by Shelley Ann Clark (Jul 1)

This is one I've put on my wish list purely due to voice. The rock band element is one that puts me off, but I've liked the author's writing very much when she's posted at the Wonk-o-mance blog, so I'm giving this one a shot.





The Dead Will Tell, by Linda Castillo (Jul 8)

This is the latest book in a series I'm really interested in. I really liked the author's romantic suspense books and I've heard good things about these books. Normally I'd start the series with book 1, but that hasn't always been the best strategy.





Landline, by Rainbow Rowell (Jul 8)

I'm not a fan of marriage-in-trouble plots, but the description of this one intrigued me. "That night, Georgie discovers a way to communicate with Neal in the past. It’s not time travel, not exactly, but she feels like she’s been given an opportunity to fix her marriage before it starts..." What? How? I might read this just to find out!





A Tangled Web, by Sandra Schwab (Mid Jul)

I've liked Schwab's books before, and this one caught my eye in the Dear Author open thread for authors last month. It was basically the comic artist hero in a historical setting.

4 comments:

Sun,  30 June 2014 at 11:39  

I loved Rainbow Rowell's "Attachment" and liked her YAs well enough. didn't know she had a new book coming. Thanks for the news~

Rosario 2 July 2014 at 06:22  

Sun: I haven't read her YAs yet, but I loved Attachment too. I haven't heard much talk about this one and only saw it completely by chance.

Nathalie T 2 July 2014 at 16:55  

I'm really looking forward to Mary Balogh's new book. Good historical romance is hard to find and her books are among the best.

Rosario 3 July 2014 at 06:50  

I'm finding good historicals hard to find as well. Have you tried Rose Lerner's latest? I'm reading it at the moment and it's fantastic!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP